Welcome to Jessica Fielder's Teaching Website
I teach astronomy and physics at San Francisco State University and run the Supplemental Instruction program through the Center for Science and Math Education. In the past I have also taught physics and astronomy at Santa Rosa Junior College.
Fall 2017 Semester
This fall I am teaching at SFSU M-F.
Spring 2017 Semester
This spring I am teaching at SFSU M-F.
Fall 2016 Semester
This fall I am teaching at SFSU on MWF. I am available for office hours by appointment on TTh.
Spring 2016 Semester
This spring I am teaching at SFSU on MTWF, and am available by appointment on Thursdays
I use a lot of demos in my lectures from the Nebraska Astronomy Applet Project. If you would like to play around with these demos, you will need a computer with Macromedia Flash installed. In the menu bar, click on NAAP Labs and you should see a list of the different demos arranged by subject. In each subject, the actual demo has the label "[swf]" following the link. Enjoy!
Print out the voting card for lecture classes.
Want to make your own star wheel? Got a printer? Check this out. It's not as good as the card stock or plastic ones, but it is free.
Check out Google Sky, a part of Google Earth.
Resources for SFSU Students
- The SFSU Homepage has all your general university info.
- SFSU Astronomy Page- You can find links for the planetarium and observatory here.
- SFSU Calendar - The SFSU Academic Calendar
- Astro 115 and 116 Help Sessions are open to all SFSU astronomy students. If you have questions about your astronomy class, please stop by!
- The Physics and Astronomy department hosts a weekly colloquium. These are a great way to learn about current research in astronomy at other departments.