The Bill Vlahos Home Page
(a.k.a: Basil John Vlahos, B.V.)
Native of San Francisco
Photo of Rainbow Falls, Devil's Postpile National Monument, California, taken by me in October, 2004.
If you're interested in hiring me, you'll want to view my resume.
- Computers and Networking - I own six computers and am
constantly testing different software and networking configurations
- Going on day-hikes in the mountains
- Photography, which I also enjoy while day-hiking in the
mountains - Contax (RIP)/Carl Zeiss/Metz
owners of the world, unite!
- Cycling - Marin
- Automobiles, engines (the bigger, the better!), and fixing cars
my car) - Snap-On tools rule!
- Shortwave Radio, at least until all of the good stations are finally replaced by streaming audio via the Internet - Where are the sunspots when you need them?
- Blowing lots of money on computer parts (see first hobby, above)
- Blowing lots of money on compact discs (and lots of time listening to them)
- Greek Folk Dancing - past member: Parnassos Dancers, Belmont, CA;
Greek Folklore Dance Company, Castro Valley, CA
- Studying Greek and Byzantine history and their traditonal folk music and
dances (see previous two hobbies)
- Fixing up my house (with what little time and money I have left after enjoying all of the above hobbies...)