SFSU P&A GRADUATES, Prior to 1983
- Dack K. Lee, BS 1972, MA UC Berkeley, teaching at CCSF
- Michael Kurtz BA 1977, Ph.D Physics Dartmouth 1982, Now at Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory. Van Biesbroek Prize, American Astronomical Society, 2001,SI/ASIST Citation Award, American Society for Information Science and Technology, 2000
- Jim Albert, (Bachelor's 1981), in the sofware industry.
- Christopher Hodges, MS 1981: U.C. Riverside; Prof., SFSU; Brothers Boats,
Oroville, Sacramento, and Folsom
- Leslie Rosenberg, MS 1980; MIT, asst. prof, 1993; assoc. prof, 1998;
elected Fellow of the American Physical Society, 1999, "For his
leadership role in beautiful and technically demanding experiments
sensitive to dark matter axions, which could account for most of the
mass in our galaxy." Currently professor at the University of Washington.
- Barbara Barenbourg, BA 1980, PhD in Physics from Brandeis University, Patent Agent at Fogg & Powers LLC;
Distinguished Innovator Award, Motorola, 2001, Leslie H. Warner Technical Achievement Award, GTE, 1987
- Drew Baden (MS 1980), Professor and Department Chair, University of Maryland.
- William Cortelyou (BA 1980). President and CEO, Phoseon Technology
- Philip Lieberman (1980) Founder and CEO, Lieberman Software
- Jack Miller (MS 1981) Ph.D UC Davis 1986 "Subthreshold Pion Production in the Reaction 139La+139La to pi plusminus + X". Staff Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Jeffrey Sutro (Bachelor's 1979), Optometrist
- Robert Johnson, MS 1970, teaching at CCSF
- Walter Latorre, MS 1974, computer program analyst, now retired.
- Laurie Mittelstadt, MS 1980, MS Materials Science Stanford 1984, Design Engineer at Hewlett Packard
- Betty Young, BS 1982, Ph. D Stanford 1990, Professor, U. Santa Clara.
- Todd Ganos, BA Physics 1978 and MS 1982, Was in spacecraft operations in the Air Force from 1979 to 1991. Since then, in wealth management.
- Jonathan Scheiner, BA 1979, MA and PhD from UC Berkeley in Geophysics. Now working at TRC, an environmental engineering/consulting firm, in Concord.